Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On to Medication For GD

So, on it goes. This is a very angry rant! I am so angry!!!!!!!! My Gestational Diabetic  Diet
After 5 days of my diet and exercise the dietician told me to eat, I am having horrible numbers for my fasting numbers, which means I eat a snack at 9pm, wake up at 6am and test my numbers. It is too high. and increasing. So..after 5 days..I have to go in today and talk to a doctor about taking insulin shots or oral meds. I have no info on any of this information. I heard the oral meds are not good. somehow they cross the placenta. I don't know..I have been pouting and crying the last few days. I am so pissed after 100 injections for IVF, now I have to get the shots more..plus they say it takes a while.

I am just so flustered,...and feel out of control. I can not get into all my emotions...because I am at work..all I know is as soon as I get into my car..I will have a good cry!

I will update what my new doctor says this afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry hun, this sucks. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! Hang in there - it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an FYI... if the oral meds are metformin, yes, it can cross the placenta. BUT (and here's the good news), it rarely has any effect on the baby. I tell you this from experience; I have PCOS and continued to take 1500 mg of metformin daily throughout my entire IVF and pregnancy, right through delivery. So it'll be just fine. Metformin is NOT contraindicated in pregnancy. Chin up... this too shall pass. Sending hugs and love as you deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it goes OK at the Drs... I'm thinking of you - stay strong.. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are having to deal with GD. If its Met, I was on it for the first part of my pregnancy and I know several moms that used it throughout their whole pregnancy. Ill be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete